A fun concept that I turn to often is creating a scene on my layout. A sunny day, a flower garden, a forest, or a snowy mountain view, scenes can be a unique play on the theme of your layout.
For this layout I started with three large mountains made with triangles. Then I cut a small triangle out of white cardstock for the snow at the top of the mountain. I used my scissors to cut a jagged edge along the bottom and then covered it in white glitter.
Along the bottom of the layout I used lots of tree stickers to create the look of a forest.
Then to complete the scene I added lots of hand cut snowflakes, snowflake stickers, and some Nuvo Dream Drops in Cloud 9 - the perfect snow color.
When creating a scene I typically think of the bottom of the layout as the ground and the top of the layout as the sky. Here some more scene ideas:
• use fringe strips for grass
• create roads with driving cars and trucks
• use a lot of flowers or trees
• add houses or buildings
• use pumpkins, fences, or haybales
• use Christmas trees or presents
• create a sunburst with a large sun
• use a sun with lots of clouds
• add birds, airplanes, or hot air balloons
• create falling leaves or snowflakes
Shop all sketches here: Allison Davis Sketches
Want to see more? Find me on...