February Word of the Month: Love
February is here so it’s time for a new word of the month!
The word of the month for February is: LOVE
The definition of love is: an intense feeling of deep affection, a great interest and pleasure in something.
Other words and phrases that might be helpful in your journaling are: affection, fondness, tenderness, warmth, attachment, endearment, devotion, adoration, doting, idolization, worship, passion, desire, yearning, infatuation, zeal for, appreciation of/for, delight for/in, soft spot for, compassion, care, caring, friendship, kindness, goodwill, loved one, love of one’s life, dear, dearest, darling, sweetheart, romance, amour, hold very dear, adore, enjoy greatly, take pleasure in, have a weakness for, be wild about, swept off one’s feet, crush, besotted with, enamored of, smitten, consumed with desire, captivated by, devoted to, doting on
Page ideas and journaling prompts you could use:
• What makes you feel loved?
• Who makes you feel loved?
• What is love to you?
• Use the five senses to describe love.
• How do like to show people that you love them?
• Write a love letter to someone.
• Write a list of reasons why your love your significant other, kids, parents, pets, etc.
• How do you think we could spread more love in the world?
• Have your child tell you what they love about each family member.
• How does your family show you love?
• What is your favorite quote about love?
• What are your favorite songs about love?
• What are your favorite movies about love?
• What have you learned about love?
• How has love inspired you?
• Tell your love story.
• Write about a time you felt loved.
• Write about the moment you knew you loved your significant other.
• Write about the first time your said “I love you” to your significant other.
I know I kind of took the easy road by picking the word “love” for February, but I just couldn’t resist. Love is one of my favorite words and hearts are one of my favorite shapes.
I used the word of the month to document some of my random, yet favorite, photos of me and my husband and two kids. My family life definitely took the fast track and was never anything I really had planned. When I thought of my future at 24-years-old, I don’t think it included marriage and kids. I might have even made an “icky” face if anyone around me mentioned being a wife and having babies. But, what can I say? I met my husband, fell madly in love, and the rest is history. I ended up with this life that I never planned, but now, couldn’t imagine not having.
I can’t wait to see how you all use the Word of the Month for February!