March Word of the Month: Lucky
A new month, a new word to celebrate and create with!
The word for the month of March is: LUCKY
The definition of the lucky is: having, bringing, or resulting from good luck. Luck is defined as success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one’s own actions; chance considered as a force that causes good or bad things to happen; something regarded as bringing about or portending good or bad things; chance to find or acquire
Other words and phrases that might be helpful in your journaling are: fortunate, in luck, blessed, favored, charmed, successful, prosperous, opportune, serendipitous, chance, accidental, living a charmed life, rich, good fortune, good luck, a stroke of luck, lucky break, fate, destiny, Lady Luck, you’re in luck, born under a lucky star, as luck would have it, tough luck, the luck of the draw, no such luck, try one’s luck
Page ideas and journaling prompts you could use:
• What makes you feel lucky?
• Who makes you feel lucky?
• Write about an experience that you thought was brought about by extreme luck.
• What is your lucky number? Why is it your lucky number?
• What do you consider to be lucky?
• What is your lucky charm?
• Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? What do you do to celebrate? Do you wear green? Eat green foods?
• What would you do if you found a pot of gold?
• Do you feel that you are lucky or unlucky? Explain why.
• Make a side by side list of what makes you lucky and what makes you unlucky.
• How do you feel about luck? Do you think it’s all by chance or do things happen for a reason?
• Make a list of things you feel lucky to have in your life.
• Have you ever found a four leaf clover? Tell the story.
With St. Patrick’s Day taking place in March I thought the word “lucky” would be the perfect choice for the word of the month. For most people, St. Patrick’s Day paired with the word lucky probably brings an instant image of everything green. However, I used the inspiration from the word “lucky” to create a layout about my kids and how lucky I feel to have them in my life. And, with no green to be seen!
I let the design on the papers lead the way for my supporting design. The 6 x 12” piece on the right has some random hearts in circles clustered in the bottom corner and I used that as the main inspiration for the design I made on the left page. I used a combination of heart punches, heart stickers, circles cut out of papers and stitched circles to create the look.
I used many of the random selfies I have with Drew and Jackson for several of the photos on this layout.
I know that selfies tend to have a bad reputation, but let me tell you, I am all about the selfies. For years I lugged around a giant camera and while I did end up with many, many great photos of my kids and my family, the one thing that lacked was ME in front of the camera. I love that today I can easily carry around a perfectly adequate camera on my iPhone and easily snap photos with me and the ones I love.
My advice: Selfie away guys! It’s too easy to get in front of that camera to not take the opportunity when you can!
I can’t wait to see how you all use the Word of the Month!
• Products used from Simple Stories