Scrapbooking Quick Tip: Using Music in your Scrapbooking
I don't know about you, but sometimes, when it comes to journaling, I just want to go the super easy route. There are several ways you can do that, like using lists, quotes, or one on my favorites - song lyrics.
Supplies used - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper, stickers, and chipboard pieces: Simple Stories; Heart punches: Recollections; Chipboard alphabet: American Crafts; Alphabet stickers: My Mind's Eye; Embroidery floss: DMC; Computer font: Ostrich Sans
I love writing and telling our stories, but there are times when I get a little stuck. Especially when it's a random collection of photos like the selfies with my husband on this layout. I've made countless layouts about us and I really don't know what I could say about us that I haven't already said before.
So, I thought, how about I let some song lyrics do the talking this time. I figured if someone else has so beautifully arranged words in a way that I feel describes us, why not use it on a layout?
I selected some of the lyrics from the song "A Thousand Years" from Christina Perri. It's a song that every single time I hear it, I think of Mike. Every single time! I knew that it would be the perfect words to display on a big heart with some of our favorite selfies together.
There area also several other ways to use and include music in your scrapbooking:
• Use your favorite phrase or the title of the song for the title of your layout.
• As your kids what their favorite song is and use the lyrics on a layout.
• Make a list of your favorite songs from the different eras in your life - childhood, teens, 20s, 30s, etc.
• Use the lyrics of your first dance at your wedding.
• Use the lyrics of a song you sang to your baby.
• Interview your family or friends (and answer yourself) with musical topics like:
- What song lyric makes you laugh?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your least favorite song?
- What song makes you think of *person/place/thing?
- What song relaxes you?
- What song excites you?
- What song makes you want to dance around the room?
- What song describes you?
• Use sheet music from your favorite songs in place of patterned paper.
Got anymore musical ideas? Post it in the comment if you do!
Want to see more? Find me on...