Scrapbook Design Idea: Easy Sunburst
I will always, ALWAYS love the look of sunburst designs. They are so eye-catching! The downfall is that sunburst designs are not always easy to make. They can be a little easier is you have a die cutting machine, but I've got a way that's even easier than that!
The layout below is an example of an easy sunburst design.
Supplies used - Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned paper, die cuts, and stickers: Simple Stories; Computer font: Century Gothic; Embroidery floss: DMC
Here's how you make this easy sunburst:
1. First, figure out the size of the square you want your sunburst design to be. Let's use 8 x 8" as an example.
2. Now divide that square size into four square sections. For an 8 x 8" square sunburst that would be four 4 x 4" squares.
3. Cut several 4 x 4" squares in the patterned papers that you want to use. You can use a different pattern for each sunburst piece or you can use just a few.
4. Cut those 4 x 4" squares in half diagonally.
5. Arrange the triangle/sunburst pieces together to create your square.
There are also several ways you can dress up the sunburst design. I added stitched lines to mine. You could also add in some smaller strips, sequins, shapes, etc.
It's so easy!!
Shop sketches here: Allison Davis Sketches
Want to see more? Find me on...