Scrapbook Layout Idea: Heart with Embellishment Cluster
I will forever love designs with tons of tiny detail. I don't know why that is exactly, but there's just something about creating, layering, and fine tuning the details that really puts me in the happy creating mood.
For this design I started with a white cardstock heart as the base and then used a ton of different elements to create this large cluster that wraps around one side.
There is a combination of die cut patterned paper flowers, stickers, fussy cut flowers and feathers, vines, and Nuvo Drops.
I also used foam adhesive on some of the pieces to add lots of dimension to the design. Since there are so many pieces it helps them literally stand out and instead of looking like one blob, you can see the detail individually.
This design could be adapted in several different ways.
You could use a different shape for the base design (instead of a heart), like...
You could also use a large variety of details for the cluster depending on your theme. Here are a few examples:
• generic designs like hearts, stars, circles, or flowers.
• birthday - use candles, presents, balloons, confetti, cakes, streamers
• Christmas - use presents, trees, ornaments, stars, lights
• Fall - leaves, pumpkins, vines, apples, flowers
• Winter - snowflakes, snowmen, mittens
This layout is from a class I taught at We Create in 2021. You can purchase the PDF materials from that class here:
We Create 2021 Class - Color Me Happy
The PDF content includes:
• Full sketch of the layout design that includes measurements and placements.
• Four two-page sketches showing how to adapt this design to fit a two-page layout.
• Four page PDF w/ a large photo of the completed layout and detailed step by step instructions for completing the layout.
Want to see more? Find me on...